The Spring Hill College men's tennis team (0-6) lost a non-conference match to Transylvania University by a score of 7-2 on Monday afternoon at the University of Mobile's "Bash at the Beach" in Gulf Shores.
TU swept the three doubles matches as Parker Gregory and Kyle Clayton defeated Evan Davis and Brendan Gallagher 9-8 in the No. 1 match. Lee Gammon and Collin St. Clair downed Chris Link and Will Seevers 8-1 at No. 2 while the Badgers' Dane Hinton and Jimmy Chassaing fell to Trevor Scott and Kyle Herren 8-5 in the No. 3 pairing.
Transylvania remained on pace throughout the singles action as SHC lost on Courts Nos. 2, 3, 4 and 6. At No. 1, however, Davis broke the Badger losing skid with a 6-3, 6-3 victory over Gregory while Hinton won his No. 5 singles match over Scott
The Badgers next play on Monday vs. LeTourneau University at 1 p.m. in the tournament's final match.
1. Evan Davis (SHC) def. Parker Gregory (TU); 6-3, 6-3
2. Lee Gammon (TU) def. Brendan Gallagher (SHC); 6-1, 6-4
3. Kyle Clayton (TU) def. Will Seevers (SHC); 6-1, 3-6, 1-0 (10-4)
4. Dalton Main (TU) def. Chris Link (SHC); 6-1, 6-2
5. Dane Hinton (SHC) def. Trevor Scott (TU); 6-3, 6-2
6. Clinton Colliver (TU) def. Jimmy Chassaing (SHC); 6-2, 6-2
1. Gregory and Clayton (TU) def. Davis and Gallagher (SHC); 9-8
2. Gammon and Collin St. Clair (TU) def. Link and Seevers (SHC); 8-1
3. Scott and Kyle Herren (TU) def. Hinton and Chassaing (SHC); 8-5