On Thursday afternoon, the Spring Hill College men's tennis team took an 8-1 decision in an autumn scrimmage with Faulkner State Community College at the Copeland-Cox Tennis Center.
Spring Hill led 2-1 after the doubles matches with the only downturn happening on the No. 3 court as Nick Rayburn and Johnny Ngamvilay fell to Seth Clobert and Nolan McCollum 8-5. The Badgers then swept through all six matches of singles action.
1. Joshua Schultz (SHC) def. Garrett Council (FSCC); 6-3, 6-1
2. Chris Link (SHC) def. Devin Langham (FSCC); 6-0, 6-0
3. Burke DeFraites (SHC) def. Justin Batain (FSCC); 6-0, 6-1
4. Jake Lyons (SHC) def. John Chapman (FSCC); 6-3, 6-1
5. Jonathan Ames (SHC) def. Seth Colbert (FSCC); 6-2, 6-2
6. Johnny Ngamvilay (SHC) def. Nolan McCollum (FSCC); 6-1, 6-0
1. DeFraites-Link (SHC) def. Council-Langham (FSCC); 8-5
2. Schultz-Ames (SHC) def. Chapman-Batain (FSCC); 8-2
3. Colbert-McCollum (FSCC) def. Ngamvilay-Rayburn (SHC); 8-5