The Spring Hill College women's tennis team (2-1) scored a non-conference victory over Huntingdon College in Montgomery on Saturday.
The Lady Badgers swept the doubles matches as Catherine Thames and Allison Symulevich defeated Amanda Thomley and Kate West 8-5 in the No. 1 match. Paige Malone and Abbey Angelle topped Huntingdon's Kristen McDaniel and Hannah Dickinson in an 8-3 decision at the No. 2 court. SHC teammates Lynne Fritscher and Alex Tovar took the No. 3 match in an 8-4 outcome over Nichole Weldon and Alex Dyer.
The Lady Badgers continued to roll in the singles matches taking five of the six courts. Spring Hill College next plays Tougaloo College in a conference match in Jackson, Miss., on Friday.
1. Catherine Thames (SHC) def. Amanda Thomley (HC); 6-1, 6-4
2. Allison Symulevich (SHC) def. Kristin McDaniel (HC); 6-2, 6-1
3. Abbey Angelle (SHC) def. Hannah Dickinson (HC); 6-0, 6-0
4. Paige Malone (SHC) def. Nicole Weldon (HC); 6-0, 6-0
5. Katie West (HC) def. Alex Tovar (SHC); 8-4
6. Lynne Fritscher (SHC) def. Terah Phillips (HC); 8-0
1. Thames and Symulevich (SHC) def. Thomley and West (HC); 8-5
2. Malone and Angelle (SHC) def. McDaniel and Dickinson (HC); 8-3
3. Fritscher and Tovar (SHC) def. Weldon and Alex Dyer (HC); 8-4