On Tuesday afternoon, the Spring Hill College men's tennis team fell to the University of Mobile at the Copeland-Cox Tennis Center by a score of 8-1.
Mobile (2-1, 1-1 GCAC) took the three doubles matches and continued to control the match throughout singles play as the Badgers (0-2, 0-2 GCAC) took just one match as freshman Jake Lyons defeated Ryan Osborn on the No. 6 court.
Spring Hill next plays at NCAA Division III foe Huntingdon College (2-0) in Montgomery, Ala., on Friday at noon.
1. Guilherme Lorenson (UM) def. Mike Logan (SHC); 7-5, 6-2
2. Ricky Weghorst (UM) def. Joshua Schultz (SHC); 6-4, 6-1
3. Gustavo Godoi (UM) def. Chris Link (SHC); 6-2, 6-7, 1-0 (8)
4. Jesus Urmeneta (UM) def. Burke DeFraites (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
5. Saulo Litteria (UM) def. Jonathan Ames (SHC); 6-1, 6-1
6. Jake Lyons (SHC) def. Ryan Osborn (UM); 6-0, 6-2
1. Lorenson-Weghorst (UM) def. Logan-Schultz (SHC); 8-3
2. Godoi-Urmeneta (UM) def. DeFraites-Link (SHC); 9-8 (5)
3. Litteria-Clint Key (UM) def. Ames-Lyons (SHC); 8-5