The University of Mobile downed the Spring Hill College (0-3, 0-2 GCAC) men's tennis team by a score of 8-1 on Tuesday afternoon at the Mobile campus.
Mobile swept the three doubles matches as UM's Ale Vial and Guilherme Lorencon defeated Dane Hinton and Will Seevers 8-2 in the No. 1 match. Ram players Ricky Weghorst and Shawn Wintzell downed Evan Davis and Brendan Gallagher 8-5 at No. 2 while the Badgers' Chris Link and Jimmy Chassaing fell to Gustavo Godoi and Sam Perlmutter 8-3 in the No. 3 pairing.
Mobile continued to control the pace throughout the singles action as SHC's No. 1 Hinton fell 6-2, 6-0 to Vial. On the No. 2 court, Davis lost to Mobile's Wintzell in a tiebreaker 7-5, 5-7 (10-7). The lone SHC win came at No. 6 when Nick Rayburn won 1-6, 0-1 (retiring).
1. Ale Vial (UM) def. Dane Hinton (SHC); 6-2, 6-0
2. Shawn Wintzell (UM) def. Evan Davis (SHC); 7-5, 5-7 (10-7)
3. Ricky Weghorst (UM) def. Brendan Gallagher (SHC); 1-6, 6-1 (10-5)
4. Guilherme Lorencon (UM) def. Will Seevers (SHC); 6-1, 6-0
5. Gustavo Godoi (UM) def. Johnny Ngamvilay (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
6. Nick Rayburn (SHC) def. Jesus Urmeneta (UM); 1-6, 0-1 (retiring)
1. Vial and Lorencon (UM) def. Hinton and Seevers (SHC); 8-4
2. Wintzell and Weghorst (UM) def. Davis and Gallagher (SHC); 8-3
3. Godoi and Sam Perlmutter (UM) def. Jimmy Chassaing and Chris Link (SHC); 8-2