The University of Mobile downed the Spring Hill College (0-2, 0-1 GCAC) men's tennis team by a score of 9-0 on Wednesday afternoon at the Mobile Tennis Center.
Mobile swept the three doubles matches as SHC seniors Evan Davis and Brendan Gallagher were topped by UM's Ale Vial and Guilherme Lorencon 8-4 in the No. 1 match. Ram players Ricky Weghorst and Shawn Wintzell downed Dane Hinton and Will Seevers 8-3 at No. 2 while the Badgers' Nick Rayburn and Jimmy Chassaing fell to Gustavo Godoi and Sam Perlmutter 8-2 in the No. 3 pairing.
Mobile continued to control the pace throughout the singles action as SHC's No. 1 Davis fell 6-1, 6-0 to Vial. On the No. 2 court, Gallagher and Mobile's Wintzell found themselves tied at 6-4, 2-6 before Wintzell edged out the victory with a 10-5 win in the tiebreaker set.
1. Ale Vial (UM) def. Evan Davis (SHC); 6-1, 6-0
2. Shawn Wintzell (UM) def. Brendan Gallagher (SHC); 4-6, 6-2, 1-0(10-5)
3. Ricky Weghorst (UM) def. Will Seevers (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
4. Guilherme Lorencon (UM) def. Dane Hinton (SHC); 6-0, 6-1
5. Gustavo Godoi (UM) def. Nick Rayburn (SHC); 6-1, 6-0
6. Jesus Urmeneta (UM). def. Jimmy Chassaing (SHC); 6-0, 6-2
1. Vial and Lorencon (UM) def. Davis and Gallagher (SHC); 8-4
2. Wintzell and Weghorst (UM) def. Hinton and Seevers (SHC); 8-3
3. Godoi and Sam Perlmutter (UM) def. Chassaing and Rayburn (SHC); 8-2