HATTIESBURG, Miss. - On Thursday, the Spring Hill College men's tennis team dropped a conference road decision to the William Carey University Crusaders by the score of 8-1.
Spring Hill opened the contest with losses in all three doubles matches and in singles play the Crusaders (3-3, 2-0 SSAC West) continued to roll winning five of the six courts. For SHC, only sophomore Josh Schultz of Niceville, Fla., managed to take home a victory on Court No. 6 with a 7-6, 6-3 winner.
1. Jody Claussen (WCU) def. Burke DeFraites (SHC); 6-1, 6-0
2. Toni Gauta (WCU) def. Jonathan Ames (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
3. Younes Hidass (WCU) def. Chris Link (SHC); 6-0, 6-4
4. Anton Ivanov (WCU) def. Jacob Neu (SHC); 6-4, 6-2
5. Alvar Ribalta (WCU) def. Johnny Ngamvilay (SHC); 6-0, 6-4
6. Josh Schultz (SHC) def. Duffy Loel (WCU); 7-6, 6-3
1. Claussen/Ivanov (WCU) def. DeFraites/Link (SHC); 8-3
2. Gauta/Ribalta (WCU) def. Ames/Jake Lyons (SHC); 8-0
3. Hidass/ Steven Georgian (WCU) def. Neu/Schultz (SHC); 8-3
Spring Hill (0-4, 0-2 SSAC West) will next travel to New Orleans, La. on March 18 to face the University of New Orleans and Loyola University in a doubleheader.