HATTIESBURG, MISS. - On Thursday afternoon, the Spring Hill College women's tennis team lost a conference match at 19th ranked William Carey University by an 8-1 score.
The Lady Crusaders (4-2, 2-0) took a 3-0 lead after doubles play and then only slipped once in singles play when SHC senior Lynne Fritscher of Covington, La., clawed out a 7-6, 6-3 win on the No. 5 Court.
1. Vuzem/Khabirova (WCU) def. Hedrick/Montegut (SHC); 8-6
2. Pesic/Kaluza (WCU def. L. Fritscher/ S. Fritscher (SHC); 8-2
3. Hannah Johnson/Randi Clark (WCU) def. Maggie Leeds/Hitt (SHC); 8-2
1. Maja Vuzem (WCU) def. Caroline Hitt (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
2. Petra Pesic (WCU) def. Shelby Fritscher (SHC); 7-5, 7-5
3. Alexandria Kaluza (WCU) def. McCall Hedrick (SHC); 6-2, 6-1
4. Anastasia Khabirova (WCU) def. Tara Montegut (SHC); 6-3, 6-0
5. Lynne Fritscher (SHC) def. Joyce Oliveriera (WCU); 7-6, 6-3
6. Tiffany Roberts (WCU) def. Ruth Bourque (SHC); 6-0, 6-4
Spring Hill (1-2, 1-1 SSAC West) will next travel to New Orleans on March 18 to face the University of New Orleans and Loyola University in a doubleheader.