The Spring Hill College men's tennis team lost a nonconference home match to the Transylvania University (Ky.) Pioneers by the score of 7-1 at the Mirror Lake Racquet Club on Thursday.
The Pioneers (1-1) rolled through doubles play taking all three courts and then won four of the five singles contests completed.
For SHC, sophomore Wil Amanor of Murphy High School in Mobile won on the No. 6 singles court in 6-0, 7-5 (10-5).
1. Will Palmer (TU) def. Burke DeFraites (SHC); 6-1, 6-2
2. Keith Henderson (TU) def. Chris Link (SHC); 6-1, 6-1
3. Pat Corbett (TU) def. Jacob Neu (SHC); 6-3, 6-0
4. Joseph Glass (TU) vs. Mike Logan (SHC); DNF
5. Patrick Richardson (TU) def. Johnny Ngamvilay (SHC); 6-2, 6-0
6. Wil Amanor (SHC) def. Tyler Pewitt (TU); 6-0, 7-5 (10-5)
1. Palmer/Corbett (TU) def. Logan/Link (SHC); 8-5
2. Henderson/Richardson (TU) def. DeFraites/Neu (SHC); 8-4
3. Joseph Glass/Jett Glass (TU) def. Jonathan Ames/Amanor (SHC); 8-6
Spring Hill (0-5, 0-2 SSAC West) will next travel to New Orleans, La. on Friday to face the University of New Orleans (4-2) and Loyola University (1-2, 0-2 SSAC West) in a doubleheader at the UNO Courts.