The Spring Hill College women's tennis team dropped a nonconference decision to Transylvania University (Ky.) by score of 6-3 at the Mirror Lake Racquet Club on Thursday.
The Badgers led the Pioneers (8-2) by a 2-1 score after doubles play, but then only managed one win in singles play when senior Gina Pambianchi of Cleveland, Miss., scratched out a 6-1, 7-5 win on the No. 5 Court.
1. Fulkerson/Townsend (TU) def. Hedrick/Montegut (SHC); 8-4
2. Lynne Fritscher/S. Fritscher (SHC) def. Hizney/Haugli (TU); 8-2
3. Hitt/Pambianchi (SHC) def. Sam Voss/Guerrettaz (TU); 9-7
1. Kelsey Fulkerson (TU) def. Shelby Fritscher (SHC); 3-6, 6-2, 6-3
2. Stephanie Townsend (TU) def. Caroline Hitt (SHC); 6-1, 6-3
3. Kaitlyn Hizney (TU) def. Tara Montegut (SHC); 6-1, 6-4
4. Victoria Haugli (TU) def. McCall Hedrick (SHC); 6-2, 6-1
5. Gina Pambianchi (SHC) def. Allegra Guerrettaz (TU); 6-1, 7-5
6. Caroline Tapscott (TU) def. Ruth Bourque (SHC); 7-5, 6-4
Spring Hill (1-3, 1-1 SSAC West) will next travel to New Orleans, La., on Friday to face the University of New Orleans (2-4) and Loyola University (1-2, 0-2 SSAC West) in a doubleheader at the UNO Courts.