JACKSON, Miss. - The Spring Hill College women's tennis team overpowered nonconference foe the Tougaloo College Lady Bulldogs by the score of 7-2 on Saturday morning.
1. Lynne Fritscher/Shelby Fritscher (SHC) def. Carmen Burton/Alesha Regus (TC); 8-0
2. Gina Pambianchi/Maggie Leeds (SHC) def. Cavia Coleman/Maya May (TC); 8-2
3. McCall Hedrick/Tara Montegut (SHC) def. Catherine Robinson/S. Booth (TC); default
1. Caroline Hitt (SHC) def. Carmen Burton (TC); 6-1, 6-2
2. Shelby Fritscher (SHC) def. Alesha Regus (TC); 6-0, 6-0
3. Cavia Coleman (TC) def. Lynne Fritscher (SHC); 3-0 (retired)
4. Tara Montegut (SHC) def. Maya May; 6-1, 6-0
5. Catherine Robinson (TC) def. McCall Hedrick (SHC); 6-0, 3-0 (retired)
6. Gina Pambianchi (SHC) def. Symone Booth (TC); forfeit (illness)
Spring Hill (5-6, 2-2 SSAC West) will next host conference opponent and 13th-ranked William Carey University (8-5, 3-0 SSAC West) at Copeland-Cox Tennis Center on Tuesday at 6 p.m.