MONTGOMERY, Ala. - On Friday afternoon, the Spring Hill College men's tennis team closed out the 2011 season with a 9-0 loss to 9th-ranked William Carey University in the opening round of the Southern States Athletic Conference (SSAC) Tournament at the Auburn University Montgomery (AUM) Tennis Complex.
1. Jody Claussen (WCU) def. Burke DeFraites (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
2. Toni Gauta (WCU) def. Chris Link (SHC); 6-1, 6-0
3. Thomas Riak (WCU) def. Mike Logan (SHC); 6-0, 6-1
4. Younes Hidass (WCU) def. Jacob Neu (SHC); 6-3, 6-1
5. Dominik Kardell (WCU) def. Josh Schultz (SHC); 6-2, 6-1
6. Anton Ivanov (WCU) def. Wil Amanor (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
1. Claussen/Riak (WCU) def. Logan/Link (SHC); 8-2
2. Ivanov/Alvar Ribalta (WCU) def. Neu/DeFraites (SHC); 8-0
3. Hidass/Gauta (WCU) def. Amanor/Schultz (SHC); 8-0
Spring Hill finished the season with a 5-12 overall record and a 1-4 record in the SSAC West Division. William Carey (12-8) moves to the semifinal round at 6:30 p.m. on Friday.