MONTGOMERY, Ala. - On Friday afternoon, the Spring Hill College women's tennis team closed the 2011 season with a 9-0 loss to 8th ranked Brenau University in the opening round of the Southern States Athletic Conference (SSAC) Tournament at the Auburn University Montgomery (AUM) Tennis Complex.
1. Choo/Thompson (BU) def. Hedrick/Montegut (SHC); 8-1
2. Mazackova/Orlova (BU) def. L. Fritscher/ S. Fritscher (SHC); 8-3
3. Nagels/Moniz (BU) def. Pambianchi/Ruth Bourke (SHC); 8-2
1. Lyn See Choo (BU) def. Tara Montegut (SHC); 6-1, 6-0
2. Kate Mazackova (BU) def. Shelby Fritscher (SHC); 6-2, 6-1
3. Hannah Thompson (BU) def. Lynne Fritscher (SHC); 6-1, 6-1
4. Liubov Orlova (BU) def. McCall Hedrick (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
5. Eline Nagels (BU) def. Gina Pambianchi (SHC); 6-1, 6-1
6. Stephanie Moniz (BU) def. Maggie Leeds (SHC); 6-0, 6-1
Spring Hill finished the season with a 7-10 overall record and a 2-2 record in the SSAC West Division. Brenau (9-6) now moves into the tournament's semifinal round beginning at 6 o'clock Friday evening.