JACKSON, Miss. – The Spring Hill College men's tennis team swept to a 9-0 decision in a non-conference match with Rust College on Saturday morning.
The Badgers held a 3-0 lead after doubles play and continued to control the momentum throughout singles play by winning seven of the 12 sets in 6-0 scores.
1. Burke DeFraites/Cotton (SHC) def. Aaron/Beasley (RC); 8-1
2. Amanor/Schwartzberg (SHC) def. Jo. Griffin/Je. Griffin (RC); 8-3
3. Lyons/Ames (SHC) def. Austin/Ham (RC); 8-1
1. Jacob Neu (SHC) def. Larry Aaron (RC); 6-3, 4-6, (10-3)
2. Wil Amanor (SHC) def. Karl Beasley (RC); 6-0; 6-1
3. Jonathan Ames (SHC) def. Jonathan Griffin (RC); 6-0, 6-0
4. Jake Lyons (SHC) def. Jeremy Griffin (RC): 6-0, 6-1
5. Haden Cotton (SHC) def. Anthony Austin (RC): 6-1, 6-0
6. Meyer Schwartzberg (SHC) def. D'Savian Ham (RC): 6-0, 6-0
Spring Hill (3-3, 1-1 SSAC West) will next play a rare doubleheader at Tougaloo College in a non-conference match on Saturday afternoon in Jackson, Miss., beginning at 2 o'clock.