JACKSON, Miss. – On Saturday morning, the Spring Hill College women's tennis team took a 9-0 non-conference victory over Rust College.
Spring Hill swept through doubles play and continued to control the action in singles play with shutouts in five of the eight sets played.
1. Gietl/McCall Hedrick (SHC) def. Scott/Fox (RC): 8-3
2. Maggie Leeds/Bourque (SHC) def. Jackson/Murray (RC): 8-3
3. Castello/Michaelis (SHC) def. (RC): Default
1. Shelby Fritscher (SHC) def. Asylean Scott (RC): 6-0, 6-0
2. Monica Castello (SHC) def. Shantoria Fox (RC): 6-2, 6-0
3. Ruth Bourque (SHC) def. Jessica Murray (RC): Default
4. Megan Gietl (SHC) def. Shumanuel Jackson (RC): 6-1, 7-5
5. Elise Michaelis (SHC) def. Ivory Gordon (RC): 6-0, 6-0
6. Tara Montegut (SHC) def. (RC): Default
Spring Hill (4-1, 1-1 SSAC West) will next play a rare doubleheader versus Tougaloo College on Saturday afternoon with two non-conference matches in Jackson, Miss., beginning at 2 o'clock.