MONTGOMERY, Ala. – On Friday, the Spring Hill College women's tennis team lost a 5-0 decision to 7th-ranked Brenau University in the quarterfinal round of the 2012 Southern States Athletic Conference (SSAC) Women's Tennis Championship Tournament at Lagoon Park.
The Golden Tigers (12-4) led by a score of 3-0 after doubles play and took 6-0, 6-0 wins on Courts 5 and 6 to secure the victory.
1. Shelby Fritscher (SHC) vs. Lyn Sec Choo (BU); DNF
2. McCall Hedrick (SHC) vs. Maria Perdomo (BU); DNF
3. Tara Montegut (SHC) vs. Theresa Neumeyer (BU); DNF
4. Elise Michaelis (SHC) vs. Hannah Thompson (BU); DNF
5. Elaine Nagels (BU) def. Monica Castello (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
6. Tiffany deAlmeida (BU) def. Megan Gietl (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
1. Choo/Thompson (BU) def. Fritscher/Montegut (SHC); 8-0
2. Perdomo/Nagels (BU) def. Michaelis/Hedrick (SHC); 8-2
3. Neumeyer/Moniz (BU) def. Maggie Leeds/Castello (SHC); 8-0
Spring Hill (8-4) will next visit the University of Mobile (8-6) in a non-conference match Wednesday at 2 p.m.