MONTGOMERY, Ala. – The Spring Hill College men's tennis team lost a quarterfinal round match to 5th-ranked Auburn University Montgomery (AUM) by a 5-2 score at the 2012 Southern States Athletic Conference (SSAC) Men's Tennis Championship Tournament on Friday at Lagoon Park.
The Badgers trailed 2-1 after the doubles matches and the Warhawks (14-7) took the singles matches in a 3-1 decision to take the victory.
1. Nicolas Pinones-Hattenhoff (AUM) def. Burke DeFraites (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
2. Bence Toth (AUM) def. Jacob Neu (SHC); 6-2, 6-0
3. Josh Reason (AUM) def. Joshua Schultz (SHC); 6-1, 6-1
4. Zinelabidine Jouini (AUM) vs. Haden Cotton (SHC); DNF
5. Matias Dasso (AUM) vs. Jake Lyons (SHC); DNF
6. Meyer Schwartzberg (SHC) def. OPEN (AUM); forfeit
1. Toth/Reason (AUM) def. DeFraites/Cotton (SHC); 8-4
2. Pinones/Jouini (AUM) def. Schwartzberg/Neu (SHC); 8-2
3. Lyons/Wil Amanor (SHC) def. Dasso/Marla Jansen Van Vuuren (AUM); forfeit
Spring Hill (6-8) will next visit the University of Mobile (6-5) in a non-conference match on Wednesday at 2 p.m.