On Wednesday afternoon, the Spring Hill College women's tennis team won a 6-3 non-conference decision over the University of Mobile in a rare Badger home match played at the UM Courts due to a scheduling conflict at the Copeland-Cox Tennis Center.
The match was a make-up date of a rain-out on March 20 and the Badgers came out ready to play. Spring Hill swept the Rams (8-7) by a 3-0 score in doubles play and took the deciding three wins on Singles Courts 4 through 6.
1. Stephanie Tomita (UM) def. Shelby Fritscher (SHC); 6-2, 6-4
2. Marcela Abrantes (UM) def. McCall Hedrick (SHC); 2-6, 6-2, 6-2
3. Ambria Phillips (UM) def. Tara Montegut (SHC); 6-3, 7-5
4. Elise Michaelis (SHC) def. Treya Smith (UM); 6-4, 6-3
5. Monica Castello (SHC) def. Emily Kolakoski (UM); 6-0, 6-0
6. Maggie Leeds (SHC) def. Cynthia Summersgill (UM); 6-1, 6-0
1. Fritscher/Montegut (SHC) def. Tomita/Abrantes (UM); 8-6
2. Michaelis/Hedrick (SHC) def. Smith/Phillips (UM); 8-1
3. Ruth Bourque/Castello (SHC) def. Summersgill/Noelle Dew (UM); 8-1
Spring Hill (9-4) will next play as the host team at the 2012 NAIA National Championship Tournament held at the Copeland-Cox Tennis Center on May 15-19.