ORANGE BEACH, Ala. – The Spring Hill College men's tennis team lost a neutral site non-conference match to the Birmingham-Southern College Panthers on Saturday morning by the score of 9-0.
The Panthers (3-3) swept through doubles play 3-0 and continued to roll in singles play winning on courts 1-5 and accepting a Badger default on No. 6.
1. Sawyer Voges (BSC) def. Meyer Schwartzberg (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
2. Christian Matthews (BSC) def. Jacob Neu (SHC); 6-3, 2-6, 6-3
3. Patrick Hire (BSC) def. Sebastian Arias (SHC); 6-3, 6-2
4. Tony DaMaia (BSC) def. Lee Leavitt (SHC); 6-0, 6-1
5. Lance Mengel (BSC) def. Wil Amanor (SHC); 6-1, 6-0
6. Ben Reardon (BSC) def. (SHC); default
1. Voges/Stewart Thrash (BSC) def. Schwartzberg/Neu (SHC); 8-4
2. DeMaia/Matthews (BSC) def. Arias/Leavitt (SHC); 8-5
3. Hire/Reardon (BSC) def. (SHC); default
The Badgers (3-6, 1-1 SSAC West) will next face 6th-ranked William Carey University (4-1, 1-0 SSAC West) in a conference match at the University of Mobile Tennis Courts on Wednesday at 5 p.m.