ORANGE BEACH, Ala. – The Spring Hill College women's tennis team lost a neutral site non-conference match to the Birmingham-Southern College Panthers by an 8-1 score on Saturday morning.
The Panthers (6-1) swept all three doubles courts and continued to control the action in singles play with wins on all but Court No. 1 where senior Shelby Fritscher of SHC took a 6-3, 7-5 victory.
1. Shelby Fritscher (SHC) def. Moya Moore (BSC); 6-3, 7-5
2. Raeann Lamere (BSC) def. Tara Montegut (SHC); 7-5, 7-5
3. Sara Cohen (BSC) def. Monica Castello (SHC); 6-1, 6-0
4. Emily Holst (BSC) def. Maggie Leeds (SHC); 6-2, 6-1
5. Lindsey Farrell (BSC) def. Caroline Hitt (SHC); default
6. Terria Punturo (BSC) def. Megan Gietl (SHC); 6-1, 6-1
1. Moore/Lamere (BSC) def. Fritscher/Montegut (SHC); 8-6
2. Cohen/Holst (BSC) def. Leeds/Hitt (SHC); 8-4
3. Farrell/Punturo (BSC) def. Castello/Gietl (SHC); 8-2
Spring Hill (6-3, 1-1 SSAC West) will next host 1st-ranked William Carey University (4-4, 1-0 SSAC West) in a conference match at the University of Mobile Tennis Courts on Wednesday at 5 p.m.