The Spring Hill College men's tennis team lost a non-conference match to the University of Mobile Rams by the score of 8-1 on Tuesday afternoon at the Copeland-Cox (Mobile) Tennis Center.
With the victory, the Rams (9-3) secured the automatic host bid to the 2013 NAIA Men's Tennis National Championship Tournament to be held at the Copeland-Cox (Mobile) Tennis Center on May 14-18, 2013.
1. Karlis Stonis (UM) def. Meyer Schwartzberg (SHC); 6-0, 6-1
2. Jacob Neu (SHC) def. Lucas Tristao (UM); 5-7, 6-3, (10-7)
3. Marico Dalpont (UM) def. Sebastian Arias (SHC); 6-1, 6-0
4. Santiago Quiros (UM) def. Joshua Schultz (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
5. Guilherme Arcaro (UM) def. Jake Lyons (SHC); 6-1, 6-0
6. Bruno Marques (UM) def. Burke DeFraites (SHC); 6-0-, 6-1
1. Stonis/Marques (UM) def. Schwartzberg/Neu (SHC); 8-6
2. Dalpont/Quiros (UM) def. Arias/Lee Leavitt (SHC); 8-1
3. Tristao/Arcaro (UM) def. DeFraites/Schultz (SHC); 8-2
Spring Hill (9-11) will next play at the opening round 2013 Southern States Athletic Conference (SSAC) Men's Tennis Championships in Montgomery, Ala., on Thursday, April 18, versus an opponent yet to be determined.