The Spring Hill College women's tennis team lost a non-conference match to the University of Mobile Lady Rams on Tuesday afternoon by the score of 6-3 at the Copeland-Cox (Mobile) Tennis Center.
With the victory, the Lady Rams (9-4) secured the automatic host bid to the 2013 NAIA Women's Tennis National Championship Tournament to be held at the Copeland-Cox (Mobile) Tennis Center on May 14-18, 2013.
1. Aggy Rozite (UM) def. Shelby Fritscher (SHC); 6-4, 6-3
2. Stephanie Tomita (UM) def. Tara Montegut (SHC); 6-0, 6-3
3. Ambria Phillips (UM) def. Elise Michaelis (SHC); 6-1, 7-5
4. Monica Castello (SHC) def. Sue Berner (UM); 6-4, 6-0
5. Maggie Leeds (SHC) def. Treya Smith (UM); 5-7, 6-3, (11-9)
6. Marianna Velozo (UM) def. Megan Gietl (SHC); 6-2, 6-4
1. Rozite/Berner (UM) def. Montegut/Michaelis (SHC); 8-6
2. Fritscher/Castello (SHC) def. Tomito/Velozo (UM); 8-2
3. Phillips/Smith (UM) def. Leeds/Caroline Hitt (SHC); 8-2
Spring Hill (11-8) will next play at the opening round 2013 Southern States Athletic Conference (SSAC) Women's Tennis Championships in Montgomery, Ala., on Thursday, April 18, versus an opponent yet to be determined.