MONTGOMERY, Ala. – The Spring Hill College women's tennis team advanced to the quarterfinal round of the 2013 Southern States Athletic Conference Tournament on Thursday evening with an 8-1 victory over Loyola University (La.) at the Lagoon Park Tennis Center.
SHC jumped out to a 3-0 lead after sweeping all three doubles courts over Loyola (4-12) and continued to roll in singles play winning on courts No. 2-6.
1. Meghan de Baroncelli (LOY) def. Shelby Fritscher (SHC); 7-5, 6-0
2. Tara Montegut (SHC) def. Kanda Borgononi (LOY); 6-4, 6-0
3. Elise Michaelis (SHC) def. Frances Bonnin (LOY); 6-1, 6-4
4. Monica Castello (SHC) def. Cristiana Krtalic (LOY); 6-0, 6-2
5. Caroline Hitt (SHC) def. Chelsea Keene (LOY); 6-0, 6-2
6. Maggie Leeds (SHC) def. Wesley Dejoie (LOY); 6-1, 6-2
1. Fritscher/Montegut (SHC) def. de Baroncelli/Bonnin (LOY); 8-4
2. Michaelis/Castello (SHC) def. Borgononi/Krtalic (LOY); 8-1
3. Hitt/Leeds (SHC) def. Keene/Dejoie (LOY); 8-0
Spring Hill (12-8) will next face the NAIA's 2nd-ranked Brenau University Golden Tigers (11-3) on Friday at 11:30 a.m.