The Spring Hill College women's tennis team lost a 9-0 Southern States Athletic Conference (SSAC) decision to 5th-ranked Brenau University at the Copeland-Cox (Mobile) Tennis Center on Friday morning.
Brenau (3-0, 2-0 SSAC East) swept to a 3-0 lead after winning all three doubles courts over the Badgers and continued to roll in singles play.
1. Makia Perdomo (BREN) def. Elise Michaelis (SHC); 6-2, 6-0
2. Zalina Nazarova (BREN) def. Kate Sotolongo (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
3. Stephanie Moniz (BREN) def. Maggie Leeds (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
4. Valeria Savina (BREN) def. Megan Gietl (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
5. Kelley Conkon (BREN) def. Allison Gmelich (SHC); 6-1, 6-1
6. Snezhana Kiseleva (BREN) def. Michelle Gad (SHC); 6-0, 6-2
1. Perdomo/Moniz (BREN) def. Michaelis/Leeds (SHC); 8-0
2. Domenika Jasova/Nazarova (BREN) def. Sotolongo/Gietl (SHC); 8-0
3. Savina/Conkon (BREN) def. Gmelich/Gad (SHC); 8-0
Spring Hill (0-2, 0-2 SSAC West) will next face the Bethel University Wildcats (0-0, 0-0 SSAC East) in a conference match on Friday at 3:30 p.m. at the Mobile Tennis Center.