The Spring Hill College men's tennis team lost a 9-0 Southern States Athletic Conference (SSAC) decision to 13th-ranked Bethel University (Tenn.) on Friday afternoon at the Copeland-Cox (Mobile) Tennis Center.
The Wildcats (1-2, 1-1 SSAC East) swept doubles play with three 8-4 decisions and also won all six singles courts.
1. Peter Baca (BETH) def. Alejandro Hastings (SHC); 6-1, 6-3
2. Robin Demasse (BETH) def. Sebastian Arias (SHC); 6-2, 6-2
3.Nikola Slavik (BETH) def. Daniel Piper (SHC); 6-2, 6-3
4. Travis Hyman (BETH) def. John Asmar (SHC); 6-4, 6-1
5. Paolo Vecchi (BETH) def. Sanders Edmonson (SHC); 6-2, 6-2
6. Michael Jaeger (BETH) def. Lee Leavitt (SHC); 6-3, 6-0
1. Baca/Demasse (BETH) def. Hastings/Arias (SHC); 8-4
2. Slavik/Hyman (BETH) def. Piper/Asmar (SHC); 8-4
3. Joshua Phelps/Jaeger (BETH) def. Leavitt/Edmondson (SHC); 8-4
The Badgers (1-1, 1-1 SSAC West) will next face Emmanuel College (1-3, 1-0 SSAC East) in a conference match on Saturday at the Copeland-Cox (Mobile) Tennis Center beginning at 9 a.m.