The Spring Hill College men's tennis team lost an 8-1 decision to the University of Mobile in a Southern States Athletic Conference (SSAC) West Division match on Tuesday at the UMobile Tennis Courts.
The Rams (3-1, 3-1 SSAC West) swept doubles play and won five of the six singles courts with Alejandro Hastings of SHC taking the Badgers' lone victory on Court No. 1.
1. Alejandro Hastings (SHC) def. Cesar Paleari (MOB) 0-6, 6-3, 10-8
2. Lucas Tristao (MOB) def. Sebastian Arias (SHC) 6-1, 6-3
3. Lars Bannink (MOB) def. Daniel Piper (SHC) 6-0, 6-0
4. Marcio Dal Pont (MOB) def. John Asmar (SHC) 6-0, 6-1
5. Karlis Stonis (MOB) def. Sanders Edmonson (SHC) 6-0, 6-1
6. Nick Van Amerom (MOB) def. John Paul Espinosa (SHC) 6-0, 6-0
1. Dal Pont/Van Amerom (MOB) def. Hastings/Arias (SHC); 8-5
2. Stonis/Pansera (MOB) def. Asmar/Piper (SHC); 8-2
3. Marques/Murakami (MOB) def. Edomonson/ Lee Leavitt (SHC); 8-2
The Badgers (2-3, 2-3 SSAC West) will next face the Mississippi College Choctaws (3-0) in a non-conference match at the Mobile Tennis Center on Friday, March 7, at 3 p.m.