The Spring Hill College men's tennis team lost a 9-0 decision to the Mississippi College Choctaws in a non-conference match on Friday at the Copeland-Cox (Mobile) Tennis Center.
The Choctaws (4-1) swept doubles play and won all six singles courts.
1. Christian Branning (MC) def. Alejandro Hastings (SHC) 6-2, 6-3
2. Matthew Martin (MC) def. Sebastian Arias (SHC) 6-1, 6-1
3. John Mills (MC) def. Daniel Piper (SHC) 6-1, 6-0
4. Dudley Lampton (MC) def. John Asmar (SHC) 7-5, 6-0
5. Taylor Griffith (MC) def. Sanders Edmonson (SHC) 6-0, 6-1
6. Travis Burdick (MC) def. John Paul Espinosa (SHC) 6-0, 6-0
1. Branning/Mills (MC) def. Hastings/Arias (SHC); 8-2
2. Martin/Lampton (MC) def. Asmar/Piper (SHC); 8-2
3. Griffith/Burdick (MC) def. Edmonson/Espinosa (SHC); 8-2
The Badgers (2-4, 2-3 SSAC West) will next travel to Montgomery on Friday to face Martin Methodist College RedHawks (0-3, 0-3 SSAC East) at 9 a.m. followed by the College of Coastal Georgia Mariners (2-4, 0-3 SSAC East) at 3:30 p.m. at the second Southern States Athletic Conference (SSAC) Divisional Crossover Round-Up.