The Spring Hill College women's tennis team lost a 9-0 non-conference outcome versus the Mississippi Choctaws on Friday afternoon at the Copeland-Cox (Mobile) Tennis Center.
The Choctaws (4-2) swept the doubles match and continued to play well in singles taking all six matches.
1. Courtney Shrock (MC) def. Maggie Leeds (SHC); 6-1, 6-0
2. Allison Boyd (MC) def. Kate Sotolongo (SHC); 6-0, 6-1
3. Shelby Wagner (MC) def. Megan Gietl (SHC); 6-0, 6-1
4. Laura VanHorn (MC) def. Chandler Burkenstock (SHC); 6-1, 6-0
5. Katherine Farmer (MC) def. Allison Gmelich (SHC); 6-0, 6-1
6. Katie Kema (MC) def. n/a (SHC); forfeit
1. Boyd/Wagner (MC) def. Sotolongo/Gietl (SHC); 8-2
2. Schrock/VanHorn (MC) def. Burkenstock/Leeds (SHC); 8-0
3. Farmer/Kema (MC) def. Gmelich/ n/a (SHC); forfeit
Spring Hill (2-5, 2-4 SSAC West) will next travel to Montgomery on Friday to face Martin Methodist College RedHawks (0-4, 0-4 SSAC East) at 9 a.m. followed by the 19th-ranked College of Coastal Georgia Mariners (3-2, 2-1 SSAC East) at 3:30 p.m. at the second Southern States Athletic Conference (SSAC) Divisional Crossover Round-Up.