MONTGOMERY, Ala. – The Spring Hill College men's tennis team lost a 9-0 conference decision to the 2nd-ranked Auburn University at Montgomery (AUM) Warhawks on Saturday at the Southern States Athletic Conference (SSAC) Crossover Round-Up.
The Warhawks (13-3, 5-0 SSAC East) swept doubles play and then swept all six singles courts.
1. Zinelabidine Jouini (AUM) def. Alejandro Hastings (SHC); 6-0, 6-1
2. Nicolas Pinones-Haltenhoff (AUM) def. Sebastian Arias (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
3. Othmane Lalami (AUM) def. John Asmar (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
4. Miguel Grifol (AUM) def. Daniel Piper (SHC); 6-0, 6-1
5. Francisco Mendieta (AUM) def. Sanders Edmonson (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
6. Josh Reason (AUM) def. John Paul Espinosa (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
1. Reason/Lalami (AUM) def. Asmar/Arias (SHC); 8-1
2. Grifol/Jouini (AUM) def. Hastings/Edmonson (SHC); 8-2
3. Meddieta/Pinones-Haltenhoff (AUM) def. Piper/Lee Leavitt (SHC); 8-1
The Badgers (2-8, 2-6 SSAC West) next face the University of Mobile Rams (5-2, 4-2 SSAC West) in a non-conference match at the UMobile Tennis Courts at 6 p.m. on Tuesday.