MONTGOMERY, Ala. – The Spring Hill College women's tennis team lost a 9-0 conference decision to the No. 1-ranked Auburn University at Montgomery (AUM) Warhawks at the Southern States Athletic Conference (SSAC) Crossover Round-Up on Saturday morning.
The Warhawks (9-6, 4-0 SSAC East) swept all three doubles courts and then also took victories on all six singles courts.
1. Jade Curtis (AUM) def. Elise Michaelis (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
2. Paula Diaz (AUM) def. Kate Sotolongo (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
3. Chanel Cunningham (AUM) def. Chandler Burkenstock (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
4. Celine Lenertz (AUM) def. Megan Gietl (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
5. Anna Rudolfova (AUM) def. Allison Gmelich (SHC); 6-0, 6-1
6. Bright Phakamad (AUM) def. (SHC); forfeit
1. Cunningham/Phakamad (AUM) def. Sotolongo/Michaelis; (SHC); 8-2
2. Curtis/Diaz (AUM) def. Burkenstock/Gmelich (SHC); 8-0
3. Rudolfova/Lenertz (AUM) def. Gietl/ n/a (SHC); forfeit
Spring Hill (2-8, 2-7 SSAC West) will next visit the University of Mobile Lady Rams (9-1, 6-1 SSAC West) on Tuesday at 6 p.m. for a non-conference affair at the UMobile Tennis Courts.