HATTIESBURG, Miss. – The Spring Hill College women's tennis team accepted a 9-0 conference loss at the 17th-ranked William Carey University Lady Crusaders on Saturday afternoon.
The Lady Crusaders (4-6, 4-3 SSAC West) swept the doubles match and continued to play well in singles taking all six matches.
1. Malin Collin (WC) def. Maggie Leeds (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
2. Anne Bauer (WC) def. Kate Sotolongo (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
3. Lucie Lovinfosse (WC) def. Chandler Burkenstock (SHC); 6-2, 6-1
4. Layla Accorsi (WC) def. Allison Gmelich (SHC); 8-0
5. McKinsey Boss (WC) def. Michelle Gad (SHC); 8-1
6. Hannah Bradford (WC) def. n/a (SHC); forfeit
1. Collin/Bauer (WC) def. Sotolongo/Leeds (SHC); 8-0
2. Lovinfosse/Accorsi (WC) def. Burkenstock/Gad (SHC); 8-2
3. Boss/Bradford (WC) def. Gmelich/ n/a (SHC); forfeit
Spring Hill (2-10, 2-8 SSAC West) will next host Tougaloo College in a non-conference match on Saturday at 1 p.m. at the University of Mobile Tennis Courts.