The Spring Hill College women's tennis team snapped an eight-match losing skid with a 5-1 non-conference victory versus the Tougaloo College Lady Bulldogs on Saturday afternoon at the University of Mobile Tennis Courts.
The Badgers held a 2-1 lead over the Lady Bulldogs (0-2) after doubles play with wins on the No. 1 and 2 courts before taking wins on singles courts 1, 2 and 5 to secure the win.
1. Elise Michaelis (SHC) def. Symone Booth (TC); 6-0, 6-0
2. Maggie Leeds (SHC) def. Tara Rowell (TC); 6-2, 6-2
3. Kate Sotolongo (SHC) vs. Valencia Bonds (TC); DNF
4. Megan Gietl (SHC) vs. Megan McEwen (TC); DNF
5. Allison Gmelich (SHC) def. Laura Mitchell (TC); 6-2, 6-1
6. Michelle Gad (SHC) vs. Sakehanna Jones (TC); DNF
1. Michaelis/Leeds (SHC) def. Bonds/Rowell (TC); 8-3
2. Sotolongo/Gmelich (SHC) def. McEwen/Mitchell (TC); 8-2
3. Booth/Jones (TC) def. Gietl/Gad (SHC); 8-4
Spring Hill (3-10, 2-8 SSAC West) will next play at the Stillman College Invitational on April 4-5, 2014 in Tuscaloosa.