TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The Spring Hill College men's tennis team opened the annual Stillman University Invitational with a 5-0 victory versus the Rust College Bearcats on Friday afternoon.
In a match that opened with singles play in an effort to squeeze in before approaching showers, SHC took five wins on courts 1-5 to secure the win.
1. Alejandro Hastings (SHC) def. J. Boyd (RC); 6-0, 6-0
2. John Asmar (SHC) def. K. Beasley (RC); 6-1, 6-1
3. Sebastian Arias (SHC) def. D. Hamm (RC); 6-0, 6-1
4. Sanders Edmonson (SHC) def. Jer. Griffin (RC); 6-0, 6-1
5. Daniel Piper (SHC) def. Jo. Griffin (RC); 6-1, 6-1
6. Lee Leavitt (SHC) vs. M. Franks (RC); DNF
1. Hastings/Edmonson (SHC) vs. Boyd/Beasley (RC); DNF
2. Arias/Asmar (SHC) vs. Jer. Griffin/Hamm (RC); DNF
3. Piper/Leavitt (SHC) vs. Jo. Griffin/Franks (RC); DNF
Spring Hill (4-10) will next play the Tougaloo College Bulldogs at the Stillman College Invitational on Saturday at 8 a.m. in Tuscaloosa.