TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The Spring Hill College women's tennis team earned a 5-0 non-conference victory over the Rust College Bearcats on Saturday afternoon at the Stillman College Invitational.
In a match that began with singles play in an attempt to beat approaching showers, the Badger won on singles courts No. 1-5 to secure the victory.
1. Maggie Leeds (SHC) def N. Oliver (RC); 6-0, 6-0
2. Kate Sotolongo (SHC) def. P. Ballentine (RC); 6-0
3. Chandler Burkenstock (SHC) def. T. Woods (RC); 6-1, 6-1
4. Megan Gietl (SHC) def. D. Ogila (RC); 6-0, 6-0
5. Allison Gmelich (SHC) def. D. Johnson (RC); withdrew
6. n/a (SHC) vs. n/a (RC); n/a
1. Leeds/Sotolongo (SHC) vs. Oliver/Ogila (RC); DNF
2. Burkenstock/Gietl (SHC) vs. Ballentine/Woods (RC); DNF
3. Gmelich/ n/a (SHC) vs. Johnson/ n/a (RC); n/a
Spring Hill (4-10) will next play the Tougaloo College Bulldogs at the Stillman College Invitational at 8 a.m. on Saturday in Tuscaloosa.