The Spring Hill College women's tennis team (6-3, 2-2 GCAC) defeated conference foe Belhaven College (1-5, 1-5 GCAC) on Saturday afternoon by a score of 7-2 at the Copeland-Cox Tennis Center. The Lady Badgers held a 2-1 lead following doubles play and then won on five of the six singles courts.
Spring Hill's Allison Symulevich and Catherine Thames were bested on the No. 1 court 8-4 by the Lady Crusaders' Kirby Smith and Neely Johnson, but Abbey Angelle and Paige Malone defeated Lindsey Bery and Julia Watkins 8-0 at No. 2. Lynne Fritscher and Alex Tovar won by default at No. 3.
The Lady Badgers continued to roll in the singles action sweeping all but the No. 1 match where Smith topped Symulevich 6-0, 6-0.
The Spring Hill women next host No. 23 Xavier University (8-4, 5-0 GCAC) at the Copeland-Cox Tennis Center on Thursday at 2 p.m.
1. Kirby Smith (BC) def. Allison Symulevich (SHC); 6-0, 6-0
2. Catherine Thames (SHC) def. Neely Johnson (BC); 6-3, 6-1
3. Paige Malone (SHC) def. Beth Gunn (BC); 6-0, 6-0
4. Abbey Angelle (SHC) def. Lindsey Bery (BC); 6-0, 6-0.
5. Lynne Fritscher (SHC) def. Julia Watkins (BC); 6-0, 6-0
6. Gina Pambianchi (SHC) def. (UM); default
1. Smith and Johnson (BC) def. Symulevich and Thames (SHC); 8-4
2. Malone and Angelle (SHC) def. Bery and Watkins (BC); 8-0
3. Fritscher and Alex Tovar (SHC) def. (UM); default