The Spring Hill College men's tennis team wrapped up its fall schedule with a 7-2 scrimmage loss to Faulkner State Community College on Monday afternoon.
1. Connor Rives (FSCC) def. Daniel Li (SHC); 6-3, 7-5
2. Anthony Penick (FSCC) def. Chris Link (SHC); 0-6, 6-4, 1-0 (5)
3. Johnny Ngamvilay (SHC) def. Joe Babba (FSCC); 6-4, 1-6, 1-0 (8)
4. Dustin Scott (FSCC) def. Nick Rayburn (SHC); 7-5, 6-2
5. Jason Price (SHC) def. Jarrett Batair (FSCC); 2-6, 6-4, 1-0 (7)
6. Matt Rotz (FSCC) def. Grant Benoit (SHC); 6-1, 6-0
1. Rives/Scott (FSCC) def. Li/Link (SHC); 8-5
2. Penick/Babba (FSCC) def. Ngamvilay/Rayburn (SHC); 9-7
3. Batair/Rotz (FSCC) def. Price/Benoit (SHC), 8-6
The Badgers played well and were competitive in all three doubles matches. Coach Hans Laub said, "In the end, it turned out that we gave away a winnable match to our opponents who played tough tennis. We had an excellent chance at winning the No. 2 doubles court after opening with 6-0 first set, but it slipped away."